HOW LONG UNTIL OUR
BANK ACCOUNTS GET EMPTIED?
Michael Daugherty, is the author of “The Devil Inside the Beltway: The Shocking Expose of the US Government’s Surveillance and Overreach Into Cyber-security, Medicine and Small Business.”
NIGHTMARE: Hackers release 13,000 passwords, credit cards of PLAYSTATION ,XBOX, AMAZON users…
CHRISTMAS HACKING BUMMER: PlayStation, Xbox offline due to attacks…
“Every single computer in the world can be hacked. From your personal computer at home to the office workstation of the CIA director, it is not possible to fully protect any computer from cyber penetration. For all the talk about cyber protection and the billions of dollars being spent ($3.2 billion in 2012 for the Pentagon alone) to improve defenses in the public and private sectors, your bank account PIN and the secrets in President Obama’s computer are both vulnerable. The key difference is the number of people with the skill, time and money to exploit these potential targets.
There is a popular misconception that perfect cyber-security is obtainable if you invest in sufficient defenses and practice reasonable access procedures. The cold, hard truth is that we live in an age where cyber-offensive capabilities are dominant.
For example, specialists who test the vulnerabilities of our nation’s computer systems said in private conversations that their success rate is nearly 99 percent—and that penetrating that remaining 1 percent is primarily a question of investing additional time and money. There used to be a famous and much-debated air force concept that “the bomber always gets through.” The sobering fact about the current state of cyber-security is that the “hacker always gets through.” For the foreseeable future, cyber offense is king.”
Leave a Reply